Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club

My mom and I both love to read. We have been known to spend hours in book stores. Usually she is the voice of reason that forces me to leave and not spend my entire day and my entire bank account in a book store. So this weekend Half-Price Books was having a Memorial Day sale on everything in the store, which of course we couldn't miss a sale on already cheap books, so we went. We wondered down the isles looking under the names of our favorite authors to see if there was anything we hadn't read yet. I was looking at the New Arrivals section and a book caught my eye called The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg. The cover had four girls walking on a crosswalk like The Beatles Abby Road record. Being a huge Beatles fan I picked it up and flipped open the cover to see if it sounded any good. Cover divulged that it was about a girl who has given up on men and starts a club called The Lonely Hearts Club. All I needed to read to immediately hook me on the book. I added it to my pile of books and then my mom dragged me out of the book store to enjoy the sunshine outside.

We went home and I read the book cover to cover and loved it. The main character Penny Lane (named after The Beatle song) has had enough subpar relationships and decides she will no longer date while in high school. Penny Lane's new mentality attracts many followers in her school making The Lonely Hearts Club grow to massive proportions. I highly recommend this book, no matter how old you are, this character issues a very wise insight to how women change and settle for men and discovers the importance of a good support group of friends. Because we could all... Use A Little Help from My Friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment