Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Am Woman

I am a Sex and the City fanatic. I have loved watching the four girl friends going through the ups and downs of relationships and no matter what having each other. I have just seen Sex and the City 2 the movie with one of my girlfriends and loved it. The fact that the girls stayed close with each other despite everything and all their differences is amazing. The girls supported each other when one was having trouble and as Samantha says are "each other's soulmates." The idea that guys come and go but friends are forever is true. The guy you are dating today may be gone in a year but your friends will still be there to laugh with you about how you ever dated such a loser. Friends are important thing to have because they get you through the day.

Another thing I particularly enjoyed about this movie besides the strong friendship was the feminism in it. The ladies take a trip to the Middle East and discover how constricting life is for the women there. They learn that they are very lucky to have so many opportunities in the USA (such as not being persecuted for wearing shorts.) The women get together and sing a song "I Am Woman" which all the ladies in the scene begin to sing as well, yes it is a little cheesy, but I really enjoyed it. I Am Woman and I can be independent from men and have great girlfriends that will stick with me through everything. Overall, good movie to see and promote my strong single self with. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment